Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cheese Tasting

Diane and I had Jenn from The Cheeseworks in Oakland come by and taste us through what will eventually become Fat Angel's cheese and charcuterie offerings. Let me first say that she brought a cooler full of meat, pate, cheese, bread, and crackers. If that wasn't cool enough, she sent us home with 95% of what was left. Cyrick, myself and two buddies had a gorge fest last night with a few bottles of vino while watching the Giant's game. Great way to spend a Tuesday night.

Each day seems to be filled with a new set of challenges. I've always had one, maybe two challenging days per week throughout my life but working on Fat Angel has brought the word challenge to a new level. I keep telling Cyrick, the work has only started, the real work is when we open. Bring it!


1) Jenn from The Cheeseworks. We had a really good time and she was very well versed in all things cheese. Di and I were impressed. 2) A goats milk cheese that is set in wine barrels and packed with different field herbs and left to age. Not sure if we're going with it but it was mighty interesting.


1) The guys setting up Wall #2. This time it's metal and not wood. We lost a few days because of this but the fire code is something we can't scoot around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers